This object was discovered during the excavations directed by H. Frankfort for the EES in 1928. Although, there is no illustration of the object, there exists a number of glass plate negatives of the object to link it to the object card.
In Ancient Egypt, people believed they were ‘ancestors-to-be’. For example, it was not unusual for men in senior positions and heads of households at Amarna to be represented in their houses by statues whilst still alive, which the object above is perhaps a depiction of. Within their houses, officials combined commemoration of themselves as well as the King and the Aten.
It was found in House T.35.4, in the most south-eastern room of the building, which was located in the north-western quarter of the North Suburb.